Monday, July 18, 2011

Drunken Stupor Part 2 !!



The next round of drinks ... and here it flows




Sleep is coming over


But my mind is still wide awake


Where is the sandman’s powder


When my slumber is at stake?


I decide its no further use


To lie still and brood


So I get up and out of my false snooze


And head outside to clear my mood.


I sit under the cloudy night sky


And light up a cigarette


And dream of dreams that could be


And kingdoms that could have been.


My thoughts are broken by a cool breeze


And a muffled noise from the neighbours TV


A melodramatic music and a dramatic scene


It is definitely the climax of the movie.


For fear of falling coconuts


Or rotten mangoes dropping on my head


I walk back inside to get under my rugs


Lest I wake up in the morning with a headache instead.


I pickup my laptop on the way


And rest myself quietly


Opening up this word document


I write this excuse of a poetry.



___________________________________________________________________________________




Forbidden thoughts and forbidden things


So much to say and songs to sing


At some point it will all come out


In a torrent that will put out


even the strong and the stout


but till then it is wise


to keep quiet and act meek


lest the stout should rise


and hit me where I can’t even take a leak.


___________________________________________________________________________________




Hoping for fame and glory


Seems to me steeped in infamy.


For all that I have done


To gain popularity


Has never been any fun


And drowned me in anonymity.


but why do something,


That seems to fetch me no reward


Its neither fun nor interesting.


But whats really interesting


Is that which I do for fun


Seems to fetch me the right reward.

No comments: