Friday, July 29, 2011

A little Crack in Me




There is a little crack in me


Somewhere on the surface


Or deep inside of me,


But I just know it is there.


It doesn’t show itself


nor does it hurt me anywhere


but it seeps my sanity


and makes me look pale.


But it is unlike any other crack


‘coz it makes me feel heavy


And woozy and out of track


And leaves my brain totally empty.


I don’t know how to seal it


Bandage it or cement it


‘coz I cant even find it


Trace it or even have a hunch about it.


It leaves me last in every race


Be it in sport or any other case


Intellectually it leaves me a vegetable


And makes me moronically able.


It makes me the laughing stock


Of people around me and my peers


Making me nothing worth a talk


Pushes my body and my soul to tears.


This crack is a bane on me


Forcing artificial smiles on my face


When I would rather be


Left alone and happy to go at my own pace.


The smile is totally wiped off me


The laughter stolen away


Now I feel like a dead tree


All dried up and rotting away.


What a bad thing this crack is


I wonder how I got it


It must have been a sneeze


Or a fight or something bad I did.


Oh this crack is now going wild


I cant even face many people


For fear of being compared to a child


My self esteem plummets on the double.


But what can I do to this crack in me


That’s flipped me left to right


Well there’s really not much left to do


But hold strong and put up a fight.

No comments: